Juve tour sets up a year of sporting dreams at ANZ Stadium
20 Dec 2013
A visit from Italian football giants Juventus will be the jewel in the crown of a magnificent 2014 ANZ Stadium event calendar.
One of the most successful teams in world football and the club that made Alessandro Del Piero a legend, Juventus will clash with the Foxtel A-League All Stars in front of a capacity crowd at ANZ Stadium on Sunday 10 August.
The Juve v All Stars clash sets up a memorable month of sporting action, with the Bledisloe Cup (16 August), a Sydney Swans blockbuster against the Richmond Tigers and up to seven rugby league fixtures.
Five NRL clubs playing home games at the Stadium, State of Origin, the NRL Grand Final, Bledisloe Cup, key Super Rugby and AFL fixtures, T20 international cricket and legendary entertainment acts.
It’s a year of sporting and show business blockbusters ahead at ANZ Stadium, with more than 40 events confirmed in the 2014 Event Calendar and ongoing negotiations in relation to world-class football games and front-line entertainers.
The monster events already confirmed include:
- Italian football giants Juventus FC v Foxtel A-League All Stars, Sunday 10 August
- Sydney’s only T20 INTL between Australia and England, Sunday 2 February;
- Rapture featuring rap king Eminem, Saturday 22 February;
- A spectacular NRL opening weekend triple-header – Rabbitohs v Roosters (Thurs 6 March), Bulldogs v Broncos (Fri 7 March) & Dragons v Tigers (Sun 9 March);
- Buddy Franklin’s first home game for the Sydney Swans, Saturday 29 March; and two other Swans classics – against Buddy’s former club Hawthorn (Fri 9 May) and Richmond (weekend of 29-31 Aug);
- Six Sunday afternoon NRL games including the Mother’s Day derby between the Dragons and the Bulldogs (Sun 11 May); and a total of 13 Sydney v Sydney blockbusters featuring reciprocal rights for Members of competing clubs;
- The crucial Game II of State of Origin, Blues v Maroons, Wednesday 18 June;
- The Waratahs’ two biggest Super Rugby games – against the Reds (Sat 1 March) and the Brumbies (Sat 28 June);
- The opening Bledisloe Cup match, Wallabies v All Blacks (Sat 16 Aug);
- NRL Grand Final, Sunday 5 October;
- Monster Jam monster trucks spectacular, Saturday 18 October.
There are potential NRL and AFL finals, Big Bash League T20 cricket and exciting possibilities around world-class football fixtures. Standby for updates.
ANZ managing director Daryl Kerry said: “2013 was our biggest year of events since the 2000 Olympics with more than 1.6 million fans coming though the Stadium gates – and the foundations are in place for another mighty year in 2014, with State of Origin, the NRL Grand Final, a fantastic line-up of NRL matches, Bledisloe Cup, key Super Rugby and Swans AFL fixtures all confirmed.
“We are in discussions with FFA about a potential Socceroos farewell game in the lead-up to the World Cup, and on the back of the success of the Manchester United game, we are also involved in talks with some of the superpowers of world football and are hopeful that we will host more major European clubs in coming years.
“Of course, also already confirmed is the 2015 AFC Asian Cup, one of the world’s biggest football tournaments, with seven matches scheduled for ANZ Stadium in January, including a semi-final and the final.”
ANZ Stadium sporting ambassador Israel Folau said he was excited for the fans that another bumper year of sporting events was to be rolled out at Sydney Olympic Park in 2014.
"I'll never forget the excitement around the Wallabies Test against the British & Irish Lions at ANZ Stadium last season and hopefully I will be back at the Stadium in the gold jumper against the All Blacks in August.
"We're now busy preparing for a big season with Waratahs and our two games at ANZ Stadium will be very important for our push for the Super Rugby finals."
"I've had the pleasure of playing some of the biggest games of my career across three football codes at ANZ Stadium and it's exciting for everyone that Sydney will again host so many major sporting events in 2014."
The event experience at ANZ Stadium will be greatly enhanced in 2014 by a cutting edge Cisco connected Wi-Fi solution, to be introduced in time for the NRL kickoff.
Fans can also immerse themselves in the action in the comfort of their Centreline Seat, Zone Box or Private Suite, complete with prime viewing, exclusive meal and dining options, access to VIP areas and more.
Click here to score the best location in 2014 or call 1300 13 40 10.
Did you know that an ANZ Stadium Membership will guarantee you a seat to every single game plus VIP perks which are all transferable?
Click here to find out more and to become an ANZ Stadium Member today.