ANZ STADIUM AMBASSADOR GREG INGLIS IMMORTALISED AT MADAME TUSSAUDS
02 Feb 2016
SOUTH Sydney’s NRL superstar Greg Inglis has become the first rugby league player to be immortalised at the famous Madame Tussauds museum, with a life-like wax GI replica unveiled in Sydney.
The Greg Inglis replica now stands as a testament to his greatness in front of an ANZ Stadium-themed backdrop in the sports zone of the museum – alongside other sporting legends like Cathy Freeman, Don Bradman, Shane Warne, Lleyton Hewitt and Tim Cahill.
The unveiling of the GI life-size replica comes with the kick-off to the 2016 rugby league season just around the corner, and the champion fullback spoke of his pride at being chosen to be immortalised at the Sydney museum.
“I feel privileged and honoured. It means a lot to me personally, and as an Indigenous athlete. I’m also happy for the game (of rugby league). I feel very proud,” said an emotional Inglis, 29, who spent five hours in preparation and in pose for the display, adding: “I’m really happy to meet my double.”
With final preparations underway for the upcoming season there’s plenty for footy fans to look forward to. It’s just:
- 2 days until the 2016 Auckland Nines competition kicks off in New Zealand;
- 9 days until the 33rd annual Charity Shield clash between the South Sydney Rabbitohs and St George Illawarra Dragons kicks off at ANZ Stadium;
- 28 days until the 2016 NRL Telstra Premiership begins;
- 37 days until the Rabbitohs’ first game at ANZ Stadium v the Newcastle Knights;
- 43 days until the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs’ first game at ANZ Stadium v local rivals the Parramatta Eels;
- 51 days until the blockbuster Good Friday clash between the Rabbitohs and the Bulldogs at ANZ Stadium;
- 88 days until Game I of the 2016 State of Origin series explodes at ANZ Stadium;
- 131 days until Game III and potential decider of the 2016 State of Origin series at ANZ Stadium;
- 242 days until the biggest game of all - the 2016 NRL Telstra Premiership Grand Final - kicks off at ANZ Stadium.
A quick check of the calendar shows from now until Grand Final day there won’t be a single footy-free weekend for fans to endure.
With 26 regular-season NRL games, two State of Origins, the NRL Finals Series and the 2016 NRL Grand Final – ANZ Stadium is the place to get your footy fix this season.
Why not make 2016 a special sporting year with an ANZ Stadium Membership?
You can guarantee your seat to every NRL fixture at the Stadium along with every other sporting event at the stadium this year – including Bledisloe Cup, the opening game of the 2016 College Football season, Sydney Swans games and more to come. Find out more here.
Or experience all these epic sporting battles from the comfort of a Corporate Suite. Enjoy the world-class facilities, five-star hospitality and brilliant views of the action from your Centreline Seats, Zone Box or Private Suite. Enquire here.