ARSENAL CLASH HEADLINES SUPER SATURDAY AT SYDNEY OLYMPIC PARK 15 JULY
10 Jul 2017
- 140,000 fans expected for multiple events at Sydney Olympic Park on Saturday 15 July;
- 80,000-plus fans expected for Arsenal v Western Sydney Wanderers at ANZ Stadium;
- Tickets include transport to and from Olympic Park on all public transport including direct Sydney Trains and Major Event Buses;
- Fans are strongly encouraged to arrive at Olympic Park early and allow additional time to enter the Stadium.
IT promises to be one of the biggest event days in Sydney this year, with more than 140,000 people expected to flock to Sydney Olympic Park on Saturday 15 July to witness four blockbuster events.
The home of major events in Sydney, Olympic Park was built to host monster crowds and unforgettable days, and Super Saturday promises to deliver.
More than 80,000 fans will pack into ANZ Stadium to see English Premier League giants Arsenal play Western Sydney Wanderers, 20,000+ AFL fans are expected at Spotless Stadium for GWS Giants v Sydney Swans, 24,000 fans will enjoy Disney On Ice at Qudos Bank Arena, with another 7000 at Sydney Showground for The Man Cave Experience.
Tickets to the Arsenal clash include return travel on all public transport services and with express trains running from Central and Blacktown every 7-8 minutes, travelling by public transport will be the easiest and quickest way to get to Olympic Park. Major Event Buses will also be running on all routes.
As parking in the precinct will be limited to pre-booked only, if fans must drive they should consider parking at nearby major commuter station car parks at Seven Hills, Blacktown, Concord West or Thornleigh and then catching a train to Olympic Park to complete the trip.
A mammoth pre-event party is planned from 4pm on Super Saturday, with the precinct, ANZ Stadium and surrounding buildings lit in Gunners red, an Arsenal Fan Zone with a Club Museum – featuring a photo opportunity with the FA Cup and the Invincibles’ Cup from 5pm - an Eat Street with 30+ international-themed food stalls and cafes, live bands and roving entertainment and soccer clinics for the kids in Cathy Freeman Park.
Event goers should plan to arrive early via public transport and make the most of this unforgettable day at Sydney Olympic Park.
- With over 80,000 fans on the way to see Arsenal v Wanderers, and another 60,000 people in the Sydney Olympic Park precinct for other events, fans are strongly encouraged to plan ahead, take advantage of public transport included in all tickets, arrive early and allow extra time for the security screening process.
- Follow directional signage when you arrive at the Park as road closures are in place for the public safety.
- Travel on public transport is included in your ticket to this game so avoid delays and make use of the additional trains and Olympic Park major event buses running to and from the venue. Plan your trip at transportnsw.info or call 131 500.
- If you must drive, car parks will fill, so it is vital you pre-book your parking here: sydneyolympicpark.com.au/prebook.
- Arrive from 4pm to enjoy the party atmosphere outside the Stadium with 30+ cafes, restaurants & bars open as well has a host of Arsenal themed activities.
- Allow additional time for the security screening process when entering the Stadium. This process will include mandatory bag searches and personal checks.
- Only small bags (no larger than 30cm x 40cm) are permitted into ANZ Stadium for events. Fans should arrive without bags if possible.
Super Saturday in Sydney Olympic Park will follow the Arsenal In Sydney Tour events:
- Arsenal v Sydney FC at ANZ Stadium Thursday 13 July;
- Official Arsenal Fan Day and Open Training Session at ANZ Stadium Friday 14 July
ARSENAL IN SYDNEY TOUR SCHEDULE
Tuesday 11 July: Arsenal arrive in Sydney;
Wednesday 12 July: Arsenal In Sydney community engagement and sponsor activities;
Thursday 13 July: Arsenal v Sydney FC at ANZ Stadium. Gates open 6pm. 7.30pm event start. Fan Zone at Olympic Park from 4pm;
Friday 14 July: Arsenal Fan Day & Open Training Session at ANZ Stadium. 2pm to 7pm;
Saturday 15 July: Arsenal v Western Sydney Wanderers at ANZ Stadium. Gates open 6pm. 7.30pm start. Fan Zone at Olympic Park from 4pm.
Sunday 16 July: Departure.