YOUR ULTIMATE GUIDE TO AN EPIC HOLDEN STATE OF ORIGIN II AT ANZ STADIUM
14 Jun 2017
- A monster pre-game Holden State of Origin II party is planned for Sydney Olympic Park on Wednesday 21 June from 4:45pm;
- Tickets for the Wednesday June 21 clash are on sale now via Ticketek;
- Return travel on Sydney Trains and Major Event Buses included in all tickets;
- Arrive early to make the most of the massive night and allow enough time for security checks.
THE NSW Blues are on the verge of a historic State of Origin win at ANZ Stadium next Wednesday with an unprecedented atmosphere to set the stage in one of the most anticipated sporting nights of the year.
Despite Queensland winning 10 of the last 11 Origin series, the Blues have a great record at ANZ Stadium - winning five of the last eight games on home turf with the parochial Blues crowd making the difference.
Origin fans will be celebrating before the game even starts with the traditional pre-game party lighting up the Sydney Olympic Park precinct from 4:45pm on the day.
Once the gates open, ANZ Stadium will turned into a glowing sea of blue with 12,000 Blatchys Blues fans to pack the northern end of the Stadium.
The die-hard Blatchys will be debuting the new SMARTWiG, powered by The Star, that is set to revolutionise the fan experience at State of Origin.
The supercharged wigs have an LED antenna that will light up during the pre-game show and an in-built headphone connecting wearers to over six hours of exclusive radio programming - including an address from Blues head coach Laurie Daley.
With one of the best atmospheres ever on the way at ANZ Stadium, here is everything you need to make sure you have an unforgettable night at Origin II.
what time does it start?
- 4:45pm: Huge pre-Origin party kicks off outside ANZ Stadium;
- 5:15pm: Gates Open
- 5:25pm: Under 18s NSW v Queensland
- 7:15pm: Pre-game entertainment begins
- 8pm: Holden State of Origin II kick-off
what's happening in the precinct?
Sydney Olympic Park will come alive with a sea of blue and a host of food, activities and entertainment happening outside ANZ Stadium before the game.
The focus of the pre-game party will be the VB Sheds located in Cathy Freeman Park. The traditional meeting point for all die-hard Origin fans will be better than ever this year with festivities starting from 4:45pm:
- The NRL's funniest duo, Fletch and Hindy, will broadcast live from inside the VB Sheds from 5-7pm;
- A special visit from some of Origin's biggest legends;
- The VB Sheds will also double as the meeting point for Blatchys Blues and will include a SMARTWiG collection point;
- An Eat Street with pop-up cafes serving internationally themed street food;
- Live bands and other entertainment will be scattered throughout the precinct;
- An outdoor extension to the Brewery Bar will be in operation;
- Cathy Freeman Park and surrounding buildings - including ANZ Stadium - bathed in blue light and decked out in flags and banners.
what's the pre-game entertainment?
From 7:30pm Aussie rock legends Grinspoon will set ANZ Stadium alight as part of a stunning pre-Origin entertainment display.
Along with warm-ups on the field for both teams, Grinspoon's performance will be accompanied by a sensational pyrotechnic and light show that will get the crowd going before kick-off at 8pm.
how can i get to the game
Fans are strongly encouraged to leave the car at home and arrive early using the return travel on ALL public transport included in your tickets to the game.
Sydney Olympic Park Major Event Buses are running for the game and will begin between 3:15pm and 4:15pm, depending on the route.
Additional direct train services will be running regularly to Olympic Park Station from both eastern and western Sydney.
safety and security at anz stadium
Public safety is our No.1 priority at ANZ Stadium.
The Stadium works closely with NSW Police and other authorities to identify risks at all events.
A high NSW Police and Security presence will be in place for Holden State of Origin Game II, both inside ANZ Stadium and throughout the Sydney Olympic Park precinct before, during and after the event.
Fans are encouraged to arrive early and leave additional time for the security screening process when entering the Stadium. This process will include mandatory bag searches and personal checks.
Only small bags (no larger than 30cm x 40cm) are permitted into ANZ Stadium for events, and all bags will be checked by security. Fans should arrive without bags if possible.
See something/Say something: Please report any unusual or suspicious behaviour or unattended items to Customer Service staff, Police or Security.
Thank you for helping us provide a safe environment for this great event.
Enjoy the game!