CALLING ALL TRUE BLUES! YOUR ULTIMATE GUIDE TO EPIC SUNDAY ORIGIN CELEBRATIONS AT ANZ STADIUM
24 Jun 2018
- Sunday State of Origin gives fans all afternoon to party in Sydney Olympic Park with the fun kicking off at 2:45pm;
- Tickets for the Sunday 24 June clash are on sale now via Ticketek;
- Return travel on ALL public transport included in tickets;
- Arrive early to make the most of the massive night and allow additional time for security checks.
ORIGIN. It’s a celebration like no other and this year there’s a Sunday twist that sets the stage for an unprecedented atmosphere inside and outside ANZ Stadium on 24 June.
The legendary pre-game party in Sydney Olympic Park is back and better than ever with this year’s historic Sunday Origin giving fans all afternoon to celebrate the game.
From 2:45pm the precinct will come alive and become the place to be before Brad Fittler’s Baby Blues shoot for NSW’s second Holden State of Origin series win in 12 years.
The die-hard Blatchys Blues – armed with the all new SMARTWiG 2 – will pack the northern end of ANZ Stadium and look to give the Blues the edge on the night.
With one of the best atmospheres ever on the way at ANZ Stadium, here is everything you need to make sure you have an unforgettable night at Origin II.
WHAT TIME DOES IT START?
- 2:45pm: Huge pre-Origin celebration kicks off outside ANZ Stadium;
- 3:45pm: Gates Open
- 4:00pm: NSW Residents v QLD Residents
- 6:45pm: Pre-game entertainment begins
- 7:40pm: Holden State of Origin II kick-off
THE ORIGIN CELEBRATION TO END ALL CELEBRATIONS
Sydney Olympic Park will come alive with a sea of blue and a host of food, activities and entertainment happening outside ANZ Stadium from 2:45pm.
The focus of the pre-game party will be the Tooheys New Sheds located in Cathy Freeman Park. The traditional meeting point for all die-hard Origin fans will be better than ever this year:
- Triple M’s Gus Worland will MC a pre-game show with a host of special guests;
- A special visit from some of Origin's biggest legends;
- The Tooheys New Sheds will also double as the meeting point for Blatchys Blues and will include a SMARTWiG 2 collection point;
- Live bands and other entertainment will be scattered throughout the precinct – including in the Tooheys New Sheds;
- An Eat Street with pop-up outlets serving internationally themed street food;
- An outdoor extension to the Brewery Bar;
- Cathy Freeman Park and surrounding buildings - including ANZ Stadium - bathed in blue light and decked out in flags and banners.
More than 20 static cafes, bars and restaurants will be open both before AND after the game in Sydney Olympic Park which will have you covered for a feed any time of day. Check the full list here.
WHAT'S THE PRE-GAME ENTERTAINMENT?
From 6:45pm Aussie rockers Jet will be headline a stunning pre-Origin entertainment display with the The Rubens and Kingswood joining them on stage.
Along with warm-ups on the field, the mini-concert will be accompanied by a sensational pyrotechnic and light show that will get the crowd going before kick-off at 7:40pm.
Make sure you’re in your seat by 6:45pm and ready to enjoy a spectacular show.
HOW CAN I GET TO THE GAME?
Fans are strongly encouraged to take advantage of the Sunday Origin and arrive early to enjoy a full day of activities and beat the late afternoon rush ahead of the game.
Where possible, leave the car at home and take advantage of the return travel on ALL public transport (trains, buses, ferries & light rail) included in your tickets to the game. You can plan your trip using the Transport for NSW Trip Planner here.
Sydney Olympic Park Major Event Buses are running for the game and will begin between 2:15pm and 3:15pm, depending on the route.
Additional direct train services will be running regularly to Olympic Park Station from both eastern and western Sydney.
Best plan is to leave the car at home, but if you must drive it is vital you pre-book your parking spot here.
WHAT'S THE FORECAST?
Perfect winter footy conditions! Mostly sunny with a maximum of 17 degrees in Sydney Olympic Park on Sunday; 10 degrees at kick-off.
SAFETY AND SECURITY AT ANZ STADIUM
Public safety is our No.1 priority at ANZ Stadium.
The Stadium works closely with NSW Police and other authorities to identify risks at all events.
A high NSW Police and Security presence will be in place for Holden State of Origin Game II, both inside ANZ Stadium and throughout the Sydney Olympic Park precinct before, during and after the event.
Fans are encouraged to arrive early and leave additional time for the security screening process when entering the Stadium. This process will include mandatory bag searches and personal checks.
Only small bags (no larger than 30cm x 40cm) are permitted into ANZ Stadium for events, and all bags will be checked by security. Fans should arrive without bags if possible.
See something/Say something: Please report any unusual or suspicious behaviour or unattended items to Customer Service staff, Police or Security.
Thank you for helping us provide a safe environment for this great event.
Enjoy the game!