Be Thunderstruck this summer as a new-look and re-energised Sydney Thunder take on their rivals in the Big Bash League.
The arrival of Mr Cricket, Mike Hussey, to help captain Michael Clarke at the Thunder has created much excitement, and expectations are high for the ANZ Stadium-based Thunder.
First up are the Adelaide Strikers who will field some players well-known to Sydney fans – namely former NSW batsman Phillip Hughes and leg-spinner Adam Zampa. “The Wild Thing” Shaun Tait will also have Hussey and his Thunder teammates in his sights. This is a game not to be missed!
Life's a beach for Sydney Thunder fans at ANZ Stadium this Big Bash League season.
ANZ Stadium will create a beach that holds 150 people for all four of the Thunder's home games during this BBL season, starting with their first home clash against the Adelaide Strikers on 27 Dec.
To secure your tickets, please click here.
|7:40PM||Thunder v Strikers|
|10:40PM||Match concludes (approximately)|
Click here to view the event seating map.
For Conditions of Entry, please click here.
Fans heading to the Sydney Thunder v Adelaide Strikers match should head to Lidcombe Station and change for a connecting service to Olympic Park Station.
For further timetable information, click here.
Trackwork is taking place during the event including:
• Northern Line – Buses replace Northern Line trains between Epping and Strathfield. An express bus will operate between Epping and Olympic Park.
• Central Coast & Newcastle Line – Trains will operate to Central via the North Shore.
• Bankstown Line – Express trains will operate from Liverpool to the City via Cabramatta and Bankstown. Trains will commence / terminate at Homebush.
• Cumberland Line – Y Link Trains will operate from Glenfield to Richmond.
• Carlingford Line – Buses replace trains between Carlingford and Olympic Park.
• Olympic Park Line – Trains that normally operate from the City / North Shore to the South, Northern and Western Line will terminate at Olympic Park and form trains back to the City / North Shore. Some trains extend to the Lidcombe Sprint platform.
• Western Line – Penrith trains will terminate at Granville.
• South Line – Train from Campbelltown will divert via Regents Park and terminate at Lidcombe.
For the most up-to-date information on trackwork and replacement services, please click here.
Sydney Buses will operate to a holiday timetable.
Route 525 operates between Parramatta and Burwood via Sydney Olympic Park.
Please check timetable for last trips departing Sydney Olympic Park.
Sydney Ferries will operate to a holiday timetable.
Should services to Sydney Olympic Park be full, fans can take a train from Circular Quay Station.
ANZ Stadium is approximately a 40 minute walk from Sydney Olympic Park Wharf. There is a connecting 526 Bus to the Stadium.
For further timetable information, please click here.
Casual parking is available in the precinct car parks.
Be part of the action