Italian giants Juventus – one of the biggest football clubs in the world – will play the Foxtel A-League All Stars at ANZ Stadium on 10 August in another major coup for NSW.
Guaranteed to be the football event of the year in Australia, Italian superstar Alessandro Del Piero will captain the A-League All Stars against his former team and the club that made him a legend.
Juventus will bring their full squad including superstars striker Carlos Tevez, Arturo Vidal, Andrea Pirlo, Paul Pogba and captain Gianluigi Buffon as they take on the A-League’s best who play their first match since their inaugural clash against Manchester United in 2013.
Juventus are the most successful club in Italian football history, winning a record 29 Serie A titles and capturing two Champions League titles.
Don't miss one of the biggest events on the 2014 sports calendar.
|6:00PM||Foxtel A-League All Stars v Juventus|
- With the cost of public transport included in all game-day tickets, fans are encouraged to use additional and direct train and bus services in place for the event.
- Best to leave the car at home, but if you do intend to drive, it is important to pre-book parking via the Sydney Olympic Park Authority website here.
- Fans are encouraged to arrive early to enjoy the pre-game party from 4pm before gates open at 5.30pm with teams warming up on field at 6.45pm.
All tickets to Foxtel A-League All Stars v Juventus at ANZ Stadium include entry and return travel on Sydney Train services, Sydney Olympic Park Major Event Buses, regular Sydney Buses (STA) services and Sydney Ferries services.
Fans are strongly encouraged to leave the car at home and take advantage of the direct transport services in operation.
Supporters should plan their journey in advance and arrive early. Visit the Transport NSW event webpage or call 131500 for full transport and traffic details.
For more information on transport, see the section below.
- Central to Sydney Olympic Park service: every 8 to 10 minutes from 5.11pm until 9.00pm.
- Lidcombe to Sydney Olympic Park loop service: every 10 minutes until midnight.
- Blacktown to Sydney Olympic Park loop service: every 10 minutes from 5:30pm to 11:00pm.
- Fans travelling from other locations or outside of these times should travel to Lidcombe Station and change for a connecting service to Olympic Park Station, operating every 10 minutes.
- Sydney Olympic Park to Central: every five minutes from 9:00pm until 11:00pm stopping at Redfern and Strathfield.
- Central Coast & Newcastle Line: an extra service leaves Central at 10.15pm.
- Blue Mountains Line services to Lithgow will make an additional stop at Lidcombe from 5.00pm – 7.30pm and all services from 9.30pm.
Services will commence between approximately 4.00pm and 5.00pm, depending on the route.
Bus services will depart Olympic Park after the game, with the last service departing at 10.15pm.
Sydney Buses will also operate to a normal weekday timetable. Route 525 operates between Parramatta and Burwood via Sydney Olympic Park. Route 526 operates between Parramatta and Burwood.
Use the Transport NSW Trip Planner to help plan your journey. It will give you up-to-date train and bus timetable information. Click here for more information.
Sydney Ferries services are running to a regular weekday timetable.
ANZ Stadium is approximately a 40 minute walk from Sydney Olympic Park Wharf. There is a connecting 526 Bus to the Stadium.
With a large crowd expected for this highly anticipated event, fans who have not pre-booked parking are encouraged to ditch the car and take advantage of the increased public transport services.
Fans choosing to drive are advised to pre-book parking, arrive early and make the most of the entertainment and activities on offer pre-match.
Pre-booking your parking space is highly recommended, particularly for this event due to the traffic expected in the precinct. You can pre-book parking via:
- Sydney Olympic Park Authority: Print your ticket at home by clicking here. Please note: pre-booked parking tickets cannot be booked on the day of the event.
- Ticketek: Order your tickets by clicking here or calling 132 849. Please note: These can only be mailed out to customers or collected from Ticketek agencies.
Fans who do plan to drive should allow plenty of time to get to Sydney Olympic Park, find a parking space and get to their seat for the game.
Traffic congestion is expected on Homebush Bay Drive.
If you do decide to drive, the below routes are advised and can help minimise traffic issues:
- From the NORTH: Through Top Ryde, take Victoria Rd and then Silverwater Rd and Holker Street to Sydney Olympic Park;
- From the SOUTH: Turn onto Parramatta Road then Hill Road to Sydney Olympic Park;
- From the EAST: Take Parramatta Road then Birnie Avenue or Hill Road. If you are driving along Victoria Road, consider taking Silverwater Road then Holker Street.
- From the WEST: Turn onto Silverwater Road then Holker Street or turn onto Hill Road, and then to Sydney Olympic Park.
ACTIVITIES AND ENTERTAINMENT
It's a celebration of world football with Sydney Olympic Park to turn “Bellissimo” with a huge Italian-themed party including Italian eateries, street theatre, juggling acts, music and tenors.
Revel in a huge pre-game party that kicks off from 4pm in excitement for the arrival of Italian football maestros Juventus.
Enjoy the Italian festival with:
- An “Italian Piazza” theme with tables and chairs outside ANZ Stadium;
- Roving Italian street theatre including tenors, music trio and football juggling acts;
- An eat street with pop-up cafes serving Italian-themed street food under red, green and white festoon lighting;
- An outdoor expansion to The Brewery Bar with human fusball;
- Restaurants, cafes and bars open extended hours pre and post-game;
- Junior clinic with skills and drills from 5:30pm next to Gate L of ANZ Stadium near the P1 carpark.