The day players and fans dream of all year - the NRL Grand Final - is finally here as the South Sydney Rabbitohs take on old-rivals, the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs, at ANZ Stadium on Sunday 5 October.
In an explosive all-Sydney Grand Final, the Rabbitohs and Bulldogs meet in the premiership decider for the first time since 1967.
South Sydney are determined to break a 43-year premiership drought against the Bulldogs who are through to their second Grand Final in three years.
Don't miss your chance to be part of history with the stage set for the biggest Grand Final in years between the NRL's two best teams hungry for glory.
|1:50PM||Holden Cup Grand Final|
|3:55PM||State Championship Grand Final|
|7:15PM||Telstra Premiership Grand Final|
Arrive at ANZ Stadium early!
The party starts at 11am in Sydney Olympic Park (outside ANZ Stadium) featuring:
- Family friendly live entertainment and music;
- A monster marquee and 50m bar provided by Accor Brewery;
- Restaurants, cafes and bars open extended hours pre and post game;
- Pop-up cafes serving internationally themed street food;
- Family friendly activities in the precinct to commence at 11am.
- Don't forget Daylight saving will begin in NSW this Sunday 5 October 2014 when clocks will go forward one hour at 2:00 am
- Leave the car at home – with a full house expected, all fans who have not pre booked parking should not drive.
- Take advantage of the additional and direct public transport services operating.
- Arrive early to soak up the NRL Grand Final Precinct, starting outside ANZ Stadium from 1100.
The final allocation of tickets for the Grand Final go on sale to Ticketed Members of the competing NRL teams from 10am – 6pm on Monday 29 September. NRL.com and Club Non-Ticketed Members can get tickets from 8pm Monday 29 September to 8am Tuesday 30 September with remaining tickets on sale to the general public from 10am Tuesday 30 September.
Grand Final tickets will be available through Ticketek online, by calling 132 849 or visiting a Ticketek outlet.
All tickets to the NRL Grand Final at ANZ Stadium include entry and return travel on Sydney Trains, Sydney Olympic Park Major Event Buses and regular Sydney Buses (STA) services, Sydney Ferries services and light rail services.
With a full house expected and additional events occurring in the precinct, fans who have not pre booked parking should leave the car at home and take advantage of the additional and direct public transport services available for the event.
The closest train station to ANZ Stadium is Olympic Park Station.
- Direct trains depart Central, stopping at Redfern and Strathfield, every fifteen minutes from 1pm and 3pm, then every ten minutes between 3pm and 5pm and every six minutes until 7pm, stopping at Redfern and Strathfield.
- Direct trains run from Blacktown, stopping Seven Hills, Westmead, Parramatta, Granville, Lidcombe and Olympic Park depart every ten minutes between 3pm and 5pm, then every six minutes until 7pm.
- Blue Mountains trains travelling toward Sydney will make an additional stop at Lidcombe between 12pm and 7pm. Selected services on egress will make an additional stop at Lidcombe.
- Return services to Central, stopping Strathfield and Redfern operate every six minutes between 7pm and 11pm.
- Return services to Blacktown, stopping Lidcombe, Granville, Parramatta, Westmead, Seven Hills and Blacktown operate every six minutes between 7pm and 11pm.
- Fans heading to the NRL Grand Final from other locations should travel to Lidcombe Station and change for a connecting service to Olympic Park Station on the Sprint Platform, operating every ten minutes until 12.30am.
In a bonus for Rabbitohs and Bulldogs fans, there will be four dedicated supporter train services per team.
For Rabbitohs fans:
- Rabbitohs Express departing Central at 4:09pm
- Sutto Express departing Central 4:27pm
- Burgess Express departing Central 5:08pm
- GI Express departing 5:27pm
For Bulldogs fans:
- Des' Direct departing Sydenham 4:09pm
- Reynolds Rattler departing Sydenham 4:39pm
- Bupa Bandwagon departing Sydenham 5:09pm
- T-Rex Rocket departing Sydenham 5:39pm
For further timetable information, click here.
Sydney Olympic Park Major Event Bus services are operating on all 11 major event bus routes across Sydney. Services will commence between approximately 12.00pm and 12.45pm, depending on the route.
Bus services will depart Olympic Park after the game, with the last service departing at 10.30pm.
Sydney Buses will also operate to a normal weekend timetable. Route 525 operates between Parramatta and Burwood via Sydney Olympic Park. Route 526 operates between Parramatta and Burwood.
Use the Transport NSW Trip Planner to help plan your journey. It will give you up-to-date train and bus timetable information. Click here for more information.
With the Stadium expected to be at full-capacity for this much anticipated event, fans who have not pre-booked parking are encouraged to leave the car at home and take advantage of the increased public transport services.
For those who plan to drive, pre-booking your parking space is highly recommended, particularly for this event due to the traffic expected in the precinct. You can pre-book parking via:
Fans who do plan to drive should allow plenty of time to get to Sydney Olympic Park, find a parking space and get to their seat for the game.
Traffic congestion is expected on Homebush Bay Drive.
If you intend on driving to the game from the north via Lane Cove Road or from the east via Victoria Road, the alternative route of Victoria Road, Silverwater Road, Holker Street and Hill Road into the Sydney Olympic Park precinct is recommended.
If you decide to drive, the below routes are advised and can help minimise traffic issues:
- From the NORTH: Through Top Ryde, take Victoria Rd and then Silverwater Rd and Holker Street to Sydney Olympic Park;
- From the SOUTH: Turn onto Parramatta Road then Hill Road to Sydney Olympic Park;
- From the EAST: Take Parramatta Road then Birnie Avenue or Hill Road. If you are driving along Victoria Road, consider taking Silverwater Road then Holker Street.
- From the WEST: Turn onto Silverwater Road then Holker Street or turn onto Hill Road, and then to Sydney Olympic Park.
ACTIVITIES & ENTERTAINMENT
OUTSIDE ANZ STADIUM
- The NRL Grand Final Precinct pre-game party begins at 11.00am
We hope you enjoy the event!
Be part of the action