IT'S the Sydney Swans versus the GWS GIANTS in a classic all-Sydney AFL Final that has the potential to be one of the biggest AFL footy games ever witnessed in NSW.
The cross-city rivals will face off at ANZ Stadium for the first time ever in the AFL Finals on Saturday 10 September in a battle for Sydney bragging rights.
Don't miss out on the biggest AFL Sydney Derby ever at ANZ Stadium!
|3:20PM||1st Bounce - Sydney Swans v GWS Giants|
|5:50PM||Fulltime (subject to no extra time)|
- Arrive early to soak up the pre-game atmosphere at Sydney Olympic Park.
- With public transport included in all game-day tickets, fans are encouraged to use additional and direct train and bus services in place for the event.
- With a large crowd expected, conflicting events in the precinct and weekend traffic, it is best to leave the car at home, but if you do intend to drive, it is important to pre-book parking via the Sydney Olympic Park Authority website here.
All tickets to AFL Finals Series – Qualifying Final 1 between Sydney Swans and GWS GIANTS at ANZ Stadium include entry and return travel on Sydney Trains services, Sydney Olympic Park Major Event Buses and regular Sydney Buses (STA) services and Sydney Ferries services.
Fans are strongly encouraged to leave the car at home and take advantage of the direct transport services in operation.
Additional Sydney Trains services will run between Central and Olympic Park every 7-8 minutes between 1.00pm and 8.00pm.
Blue Mountain Line trains will make an additional stop at Lidcombe from 1.00pm to 6.00pm and post event until 9.00pm.
Alternatively, catch a train to Lidcombe Station and then head to the Sprint Platform for a direct service to Olympic Park running every 10 minutes until 10:00pm.
For train information visit Sydney Trains timetables.
Trackwork is taking place during the event on the following lines and may affect how you travel.
Southern Highlands Line:
- Trains from Campbelltown to Moss Vale/Goulburn run 30 minutes later than the normal timetable.
- Buses replace trains between Liverpool and Bankstown.
- Trains continue to run between Lidcombe and the City via Bankstown.
Inner West and South Line:
- Buses replace trains between Macarthur and Fairfield and also between Leppington and Liverpool.
- Trains run between Fairfield and the City via Granville, some to a changed timetable.
- Buses replace trains between Macarthur and East Hills.
- Trains continue to run between East Hills and the City.
Sydney Olympic Park Major Event Buses start running between 12.00pm and 12.50pm depending on the route and arrive at the precinct from around 1.30pm. Services continue to arrive into Olympic Park until 3.00pm.
Return services start from approximately 6.00pm.
The last bus on each route leaves Sydney Olympic Park at 7.00pm.
Scheduled wheelchair accessible buses will travel on each route.
- Route 525 runs between Parramatta and Burwood via Sydney Olympic Park.
- Route 526 runs from the Sydney Olympic Park Ferry Wharf to Olympic Park.
With a large crowd expected for this much anticipated event and conflicting events in the precinct, fans who have not pre-booked parking are encouraged to leave the car at home and take advantage of the increased public transport services.
For those who plan to drive, pre-booking your parking space is highly recommended, particularly for this event due to the traffic expected in the precinct. You can pre-book parking via:
Fans who do plan to drive should allow plenty of time to get to Sydney Olympic Park, find a parking space and get to their seat for the game.
It is strongly advised that you take advantage of return train and bus travel (included in your tickets) to the game, but if you decide to drive, the below routes are advised and can help minimise traffic issues:
- From the NORTH: Through Top Ryde, take Victoria Rd and then Silverwater Rd and Holker Street to Sydney Olympic Park;
- From the SOUTH: Turn onto Parramatta Road then Hill Road to Sydney Olympic Park;
- From the EAST: Take Parramatta Road then Birnie Avenue or Hill Road. If you are driving along Victoria Road, consider taking Silverwater Road then Holker Street.
- From the WEST: Turn onto Silverwater Road then Holker Street or turn onto Hill Road, and then to Sydney Olympic Park.
Patron SMS Service
REPORT ANTI SOCIAL BEHAVIOUR
A patron text message service will operate for all events. If you experience any issues during an event, SMS 0419 403 360 with your issue and location.