BLEDISLOE AND NETBALL WORLD CUP TO IGNITE SYDNEY OLYMPIC PARK IN AUGUST
27 Jul 2015
- 70,000 fans expected at ANZ Stadium for the Wallabies’ monster Bledisloe Cup clash with the All Blacks Saturday 8 August.
- 130,000 fans to pack Sydney Olympic Park for the Netball World Cup from 7-16 August.
- ANZ Stadium will host Australia’s only Bledisloe Cup Test for 2015.
- Wallabies' morale-boosting wins over the Springboks & Los Pumas sets up Rugby Championship showdown with All Blacks.
SYDNEY Olympic Park will be bulging at the seams when more than 130,000 fans flow into the precinct across the 7-9 August weekend for Australia’s only Bledisloe Cup Test in 2015 and the opening games of Australian Diamonds’ Netball World Cup defence.
The Wallabies took the All Blacks right to the wire last year when they drew 12-12 on a soaking night at ANZ Stadium and will be determined to go one better and end their 13-year Bledisloe drought.
It's not just Bledisloe honours on the line, however, with the Sydney game also doubling as the decider for the 2015 Rugby Championship. Confidence-building wins over the Springboks and Argentina have the Wallabies tied with the All Blacks at the top of the Rugby Championship ladder with the Aussies holding a narrow advantage on point difference. Tickets for the monster clash here.
The Diamonds, who start as favourites to win the World Cup, will have a trans-Tasman blockbuster of their own on Sunday 9 August when they take on fierce rivals, the Silver Ferns, in front of a sold-out Allphones Arena. The Diamonds’ opening weekend schedule:
- Friday 7 August: The Diamonds begin their World Cup campaign against Trinidad & Tobago at Allphones Arena with start of play at 8:50pm.
- Saturday 8 August: The Diamonds face Barbados at Allphones Arena at 3:20pm with gates open at ANZ Stadium for the Bledisloe Cup at 6pm.
- Sunday 8 August: The Diamonds’ historic World Cup rivalry with the Silver Ferns continues at Allphones Arena with start of play at 2:20pm.
Be part of the Diamonds' World Cup defence here.
Fans travelling to Sydney Olympic Park on the Saturday will be able enjoy a massive pre-game party, kicking off at 4pm.
With live entertainment, a monster marquee and 50m bar, pop-up cafes and the entire precinct bathed in gold there’ll be no better way to start the sporting feast than the party located outside ANZ Stadium.
With some of the world’s best athletes attracting big crowds to the precinct, fans are strongly encouraged to take advantage of free travel on all public transport included in tickets. For all the details check out the Transport NSW page here.
If driving to the event, it is essential you pre-book your parking at Sydney Olympic Park.
With all this action and finals footy on the horizon there is no better time to join as an ANZ Stadium Member, click here for more information. With guaranteed seating, you'll have prime views, access to exclusive areas and VIP Dining at all events.
Or why not experience these epic sporting battles from the comfort of a Corporate Suite? Enjoy world-class facilities, five-star hospitality and brilliant views of the game from your Centreline Seats, Zone Box seats or Private Suite. More information here.