PARRAMATTA EELS FANS SCORE FREE TRANSPORT FOR 11 HOME GAMES AT ANZ STADIUM IN 2017
21 Mar 2017
- Return travel on Sydney Trains and "Eels Express" shuttle buses included in all tickets to and from the Eels' 11 home games at ANZ Stadium;
- Eels Club Members, ANZ Stadium Members and game-day ticket holders can travel free for home games by rail on the Sydney Metropolitan Line from as far as the Hunter and Southern Highlands;
- Free shuttle buses branded as the “Eels Express” will also run on three bus routes from the Hills district in north-western Sydney.
THE Parramatta Eels have announced they will provide free integrated transport for fans at 11 home games at ANZ Stadium in season 2017.
In a major win for Eels fans, the club has made a substantial financial investment in rail and “Eels Express” shuttle buses that will run on selected routes in Greater Sydney.
Parramatta Eels Members, ANZ Stadium Members and all game-day ticket holders can travel free for home games by rail on the Sydney Metropolitan Line from as far as the Hunter and Southern Highlands. Free shuttle buses branded as the “Eels Express” will also run on three bus routes from the Hills district in north-western Sydney from approximately one hour before gates open through to half an hour after each home game.
The free transport initiative will kick off this Saturday when the Eels play their first home game of the season at ANZ Stadium against reigning premiers the Cronulla Sharks (gates open 4.40pm, kick-off 7pm).
Eels Express buses will have three major routes which will cover:
- Eels Express Rouse Hill – Rouse Hill to Olympic Park via Norwest Boulevard and Windsor Road
- Eels Express Castle Hill – Castle Hill to Olympic Park via Old Northern Rd and Windsor Road
- Eels Express Dural – Dural to Olympic Park via New Line Rd, Pennant Hills Rd and Victoria Road
These routes will be reversed after the game and be available from a designated pick-up point on Olympic Boulevard, outside ANZ Stadium.
In announcing the deal, Parramatta Eels CEO Bernie Gurr said: “Our Members and fans are the lifeblood of our Club, they continue to support us and show up in droves to our games and so we want to ensure we look after them and make the transition to ANZ Stadium over the next two years as easy as possible. We’re happy to announce they can travel for free to Eels home games on designated public transport”
“We also acknowledge the financial burden travelling to and from sporting events can have on families. This investment from our Club is intended to lighten the cost burden for our Members and fans and ensure our great game is accessible to all,” added Gurr.
For transport information including “Eels Express” bus timetable and routes, please click here.