Simon Davies - General Manager, Asset Management
Simon Davies joined the Stadium team in August 1999 and has been in his current role since 2008. He is primarily responsible for the maintenance and operation of the building and its numerous systems.
In addition to the routine maintenance tasks Simon’s current role also includes managing the following areas:
- Operation of stand movements to change the configuration of the stadium from AFL mode to NRL mode
- Life Cycle Costing and Strategic Planning for the replacement of all stadium assets
- Planning and implementation of Capital Expenditure
- Ensuring compliance with relevant building standards and local authority requirements
In recent years Simon has overseen some challenging projects including:
- Installing two of the biggest LED high definition video screens in the southern hemisphere
- Integration of the maintenance of all base building services to an ‘in house’ model (previously outsourced to Multiplex Facilities Management)Implementation of a maintenance regime for all Food and Beverage facilities within the Stadium (previously managed by external catering company, Sodexho)
- Upgrade of the front of house PA system valued at over $3m
Prior to joining the Stadium Simon gained five years of experience as a Quantity Surveyor with some of the leading construction companies in the UK.
Simon holds a Bachelor of Science (Hons) degree in Quantity Surveying from South Bank University in London.