RUGBY league returns to ANZ Stadium in 2017 with the annual Charity Shield clash between the South Sydney Rabbitohs and St George Illawarra Dragons.
The two historic clubs will be celebrating 35 years of the traditional fixture with the Rabbitohs looking to retain the Shield for a fifth consecutive year.
Don't miss your chance to be part of this exciting NRL tradition at ANZ Stadium Sunday 19 February.
|1:45PM||Holden Cup: Dragons v Rabbitohs|
|4:00PM||NRL: Dragons v Rabbitohs|
- To plan your trip visit the Transport for NSW game day event page here.
- Arrive early to soak in the atmosphere ahead of the match.
- Tickets available from $20.40, family tickets from $35.00, find out more at Ticketek.
The closest station to ANZ Stadium is Olympic Park Station. To get there, catch a train to Lidcombe Station and then head to the Sprint Platform for a direct service to Olympic Park.
Trains between Olympic Park and Lidcombe will run every 10 minutes until late.
A special supporter train will also run to Olympic Park from Central at 1521, stopping at Redfern and Strathfield.
For further timetable information, click here.
Trackwork is taking place during the event and may affect how you travel.
Trackwork will take place on the following lines:
- T1 North Shore, Northern & Western Line - Buses replace T1 North Shore Line trains between Berowra and Hornsby. Buses replace T1 Northern Line trains between Hornsby and Strathfield via Eastwood.
- Central Coast & Newcastle Line - Buses replace trains between Central and Hamilton then continue to Newcastle.
- Hunter Line - Buses replace trains between Scone, Dungog, Telarah and Hamilton then continue to Newcastle.
For the latest information, check Trackwork Service Updates.
Sydney Buses will operate to a normal weekend timetable.
Route 525 operates between Parramatta and Burwood via Sydney Olympic Park. Route 526 runs from the Sydney Olympic Park Ferry Wharf to Olympic Park.
Use the Transport NSW Trip Planner to help plan your journey. It will give you up-to-date train and bus timetable information.
Click here for more information.
For those who plan to drive, pre-booking your parking space is recommended. You can pre-book parking via:
If you decide to drive, the below routes are advised and can help minimise traffic issues:
- From the NORTH: Through Top Ryde, take Victoria Rd and then Silverwater Rd and Holker Street to Sydney Olympic Park.
- From the SOUTH: Turn onto Parramatta Road then Hill Road to Sydney Olympic Park.
- From the EAST: Take Parramatta Road then Bernie Avenue or Hill Road. If you are driving along Victoria Road, consider taking Silverwater Road then Holker Street.
- From the WEST: Turn onto Silverwater Road then Holker Street or turn onto Hill Road, and then to Sydney Olympic Park.