Wed 24 May
ENGLISH Premier League giants Liverpool FC are coming to Sydney!
One of the most famous sporting clubs in the world with a global fan base of more than 700 million, the famous Reds of Liverpool will line up against the Sky Blues of Sydney on Wednesday 24 May.
Be here when a packed ANZ Stadium sings You'll Never Walk Alone when the Reds take to the pitch for this spectacular sporting event exclusive to Sydney!
|8:00PM||Kick Off: Liverpool FC v Sydney FC|
Passionate Liverpool FC fans will be able to buy into The Kop at the northern end of ANZ Stadium, which will replicate the scene at the Reds’ famous home ground Anfield.
Liverpool FC will begin their year-long, 125th anniversary celebrations at ANZ Stadium with a huge party in the precinct as well as a host of pre-game activities inside the Stadium before they take on Sydney FC on Wednesday.
Before the gates open at 6pm fans will gather outside the Stadium to enjoy all the festivities in the Sydney Olympic Park precinct - including a range of food and beverage stalls plus Liverpool activations like merchandise tents and match program stands.
From 7:15pm the festivities will kick-off inside the Stadium with team warm-ups and an extensive pre-game show taking place on the field.
And just before the game begins, ANZ Stadium will come alive with the traditional singing of “You’ll Never Walk Alone”.
security at anz stadium
ANZ Stadium management works closely with the NSW Police Force to identify any risks relating to the staging of its events.
There will be a high presence of police and security at the Liverpool FC v Sydney FC match on Wednesday 24 May.
Fans attending the match should arrive early to allow for a security screening process on each entry to the venue, which may include both bag and personal checks. Refusal by a patron to comply with a search request will result in the patron not being admitted into the Stadium.
Security checks will be carried out on all bags entering the Stadium. To help avoid delays, it’s best to leave your bag at home if you can. If you do bring a bag, it must be smaller than 30cm by 40cm.
To ensure the safety of customers, the Stadium is constantly reviewing its security procedures and is having ongoing dialogue with Police.
Patrons are requested to report any suspicious behaviour to Police or Stadium staff immediately.
Gates open at 6pm. Kick-off is at 8pm.
It’s almost time to see English Premier League giants Liverpool FC take on the 2016/17 Hyundai A-League champions Sydney FC at ANZ Stadium.
Don’t get caught out - to ensure a smooth entry into ANZ Stadium on the night, we have some helpful tips for you below:
- With public transport included in all game-day tickets, fans are encouraged to use additional and direct train and bus services in place for the event.
- With a large crowd expected & peak hour traffic, fans are recommended to arrive early, and allow enough time to park your car and find your seat to ensure you don’t miss a minute of the match.
- To plan your trip visit the Transport for NSW game day event page here.
- P1 Car Park is now pre-booked only - do not drive! Use public transport included in your ticket.
All tickets to the Liverpool FC v Sydney FC match at ANZ Stadium include entry and return travel on Sydney Trains services, Sydney Olympic Park Major Event Buses, regular Sydney Buses (STA) services and Sydney Ferries services.
Patrons are strongly advised to take advantage of the additional and direct trains running to and from Sydney Olympic Park to avoid expected heavy congestion and peak hour traffic on roads in and around the Sydney Olympic Park precinct.
The closest train station to ANZ Stadium is Olympic Park.
Additional services will run to Olympic Park leaving from:
- From Central express services will run every 7-8 minutes between 4:27pm and 9:00pm, stopping at Redfern and Strathfield then Olympic Park.
- From Blacktown at 6:00pm, 6:13pm and 6:34pm, stopping at Seven Hills, Westmead, Parramatta, Granville, Lidcombe and Olympic Park.
- From Schofields at 5:45pm and 6:15pm, stopping at Seven Hills, Westmead, Parramatta, Granville, Lidcombe and Olympic Park.
- From Strathfield at 5:17pm and 5:47pm, stopping at Olympic Park.
- From Campbelltown at 6:07pm; stopping all stations to Granville, Lidcombe then Olympic Park.
- From Liverpool at 6:09pm; stopping all stations to Granville, Lidcombe then Olympic Park.
- Blue Mountains Line services to Central between 5:00pm and 8:00pm will make an additional stop at Lidcombe.
- From Gosford at 5:47pm and 5:58pm, stopping all stations to Woy Woy, Hawkesbury River, Cowan, Berowra, Hornsby, Epping, Eastwood then Olympic Park.
Additional return services will run after the match to help get you home:
- Express to Central: trains will run every 4 minutes from 9:30pm to 12:30am, stopping at Strathfield, Redfern then Central.
- Express to Blacktown/Schofields/Penrith: trains will run every 7-8 minutes from 9:30pm until 12:30am, stopping at Lidcombe, Granville, Parramatta, Westmead, Seven Hills, and all to Schofields/Penrith.
- To Campbelltown: additional services will leave Lidcombe at 10:23pm, 10:50pm and 11:26pm, stopping all stations via Granville.
- Inner West Line: additional services to the city will leave Lidcombe at 10:40pm, 11:10pm and 11:40pm, stopping all stations to City Circle.
- Sydenham additional services will leave Lidcombe at 10:44pm, 10:59pm and 11:14pm, stopping all stations via Bankstown.
- To Mortdale: an additional service will leave Bondi Junction at 12:06am, stopping all stations to Mortdale.
- To Dapto: an additional service will leave Central at 11:53pm, stopping Redfern, Sutherland then all stations to Dapto.
- To Kiama: an additional service will leave Central at 12:53am, stopping Redfern, Sutherland then all stations to Kiama.
- Blue Mountains Line: all trains leaving Central 10:00pm until 12:30am (Lidcombe) will make an additional stop at Lidcombe.
- Central Coast & Newcastle Line: an additional service will leave Central at 11:17pm, stopping Strathfield (11:32pm), Eastwood, Epping, Hornsby and then all stations (except Wondabyne) to Hamilton.
- Southern Highlands Line an additional service will leave Campbelltown at 11:50pm, stopping all stations to Moss Vale.
For train information visit Sydney Trains timetables.
Sydney Olympic Park Major Event Buses are running for the event. Start running between 16:30 and 17:15, depending on the route, and arrive at the precinct from around 18:00 until 19:45.
Return services start running from approximately 22:00 and the last bus on each route leaves Sydney Olympic Park at 22:45.
Use the Major Event Buses Interactive Map to find your route and stop.
- Route 525 runs between Parramatta and Burwood via Sydney Olympic Park.
- Route 526 runs from the Sydney Olympic Park Ferry Wharf to Olympic Park.
- Route X25 runs regularly to Sydney Olympic Park from Strathfield Station during the afternoon peak period on weekday.
To plan your trip click here.
P1 Car Park is now pre-booked tickets only - do not drive! Use public transport included in your ticket.
With a large crowd expected for this much anticipated event, fans who have not pre-booked parking are encouraged to leave the car at home and take advantage of the increased public transport services.
For those planning to drive, pre-booking your parking space is highly recommended. You can pre-book parking via:
- Sydney Olympic Park Authority: Print your ticket at home by clicking here. Please note: pre-booked parking tickets cannot be booked on the day of the event.
- Ticketek: Order your tickets by clicking here: http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=PARKING15 or calling 132 849. Please note: These can ONLY be mailed out to customers or collected from Ticketek agencies.
Fans who do plan to drive should allow plenty of time to get to Sydney Olympic Park, find a parking space and get to their seat in time for the match.
If you’re planning on driving to the match allow plenty of extra travel time as heavy traffic is expected on roads approaching Sydney Olympic Park.
The best way to beat the queues is to leave the car at home and take public transport instead.
If you decide to drive, the below routes are advised and can help minimise traffic issues:
- From the NORTH: Through Top Ryde, take Victoria Rd and then Silverwater Rd and Holker Street to Sydney Olympic Park;
- From the SOUTH: Turn onto Parramatta Road then Hill Road to Sydney Olympic Park;
- From the EAST: Take Parramatta Road then Birnie Avenue or Hill Road. If you are driving along Victoria Road, consider taking Silverwater Road then Holker Street;
- From the WEST: Turn onto Silverwater Road then Holker Street or turn onto Hill Road, and then to Sydney Olympic Park.
Changed traffic conditions for the WestConnex project may also affect how you travel. For the latest updates visit WestConnex News.
Sydney Olympic Park Authority may close some local roads to accommodate increased public transport services and ensure pedestrian safety during events. For specific road closure details, visit Sydney Olympic Park Authority.