THE Socceroos will face Honduras for a place in the 2018 FIFA World Cup with the crucial second leg game at Stadium Australia on Wednesday 15 November.
The final World Cup Qualifying game against an Americas opponent will evoke memories of the 2005 World Cup qualifying shoot-out against Uruguay.
The Socceroos will play their first leg game away in Honduras on Friday 10 November (Saturday 11 Nov AEDT), before returning to home soil for the decisive game. Tickets for the final qualifying game at ANZ Stadium go on sale to the Football Family from 12 noon Monday 16 October and to the General Public from 12 noon Thursday 19 October. You've got to be a part of this!
|8:00PM||Kick Off: Socceroos v Honduras|
Don’t get caught out - to ensure a smooth entry into Stadium Australia on the day, we have some helpful tips for you below:
- Tickets to the Asian Qualifiers – Intercontinental Playoff Socceroos v Honduras event at Stadium Australia includes return travel on public transport (i.e. trains, regular and special event bus services, Sydney Ferries, and light rail services).
- Leave the car at home – with a large crowd expected all fans who have not pre-booked parking should not drive. If you must drive, please pre-book your parking to avoid disappointment.
- Plan your trip in advance by visiting the event page or trip planner on info.
- Arrive early to soak up all the atmosphere of this crucial second leg game.
- Allow additional time for the security screening process when entering the Stadium.
SAFETY AND SECURITY AT STADIUM AUSTRALIA
Public safety is our No.1 priority at Stadium Australia.
The Stadium works closely with NSW Police and other authorities to identify risks at all events.
A high NSW Police and Security presence will be in place for the Asian Qualifiers – Intercontinental Playoff Socceroos v Honduras, both inside Stadium Australia and throughout the Sydney Olympic Park precinct before, during and after the event.
Fans are encouraged to arrive early and leave additional time for the security screening process when entering the Stadium. This process will include mandatory bag searches and personal checks.
Only small bags (no larger than 30cm x 40cm) are permitted into Stadium Australia for events, and all bags will be checked by security. Fans should arrive without bags if possible.
See something/Say something: Please report any unusual or suspicious behaviour or unattended items to Customer Service staff, Police or Security.
Thank you for helping us provide a safe environment for this great event.
Enjoy the game!
All tickets to the Asian Qualifiers – Intercontinental Playoff Socceroos v Honduras at Stadium Australia include entry and return travel on Sydney Trains services, Sydney Olympic Park Major Event Buses and regular Sydney Buses (STA) services, Sydney Ferries and Light Rail services.
Patrons are strongly advised to take advantage of the additional and direct trains running to and from Olympic Park to avoid expected heavy congestion and traffic on roads in and around the Sydney Olympic Park precinct.
To plan your trip visit the Transport for NSW game day event page here.
Sydney Olympic Park Major Event Buses will start running between 4:00pm and 5:00pm, depending on the route, and will start arriving in the precinct from 6:00pm until 7:50pm.
The following Sydney Buses services run to Sydney Olympic Park:
- Route 525 runs between Parramatta and Burwood via Sydney Olympic Park.
- Route 526 runs from the Sydney Olympic Park Ferry Wharf to Olympic Park.
- Route X25 runs regularly to Sydney Olympic Park from Strathfield Station during the afternoon peak period on weekdays.
For bus service disruption information check travel alerts or use the Trip Planner.
If you must drive to the event, please pre-book your parking to avoid disappointment. Patrons are strongly encouraged to leave the car at home and take advantage of the additional and direct train services, and major event buses, in operation for the event.
You can pre-book parking via:
- Sydney Olympic Park Authority: Print your ticket at home by clicking here. Please note: pre-booked parking tickets cannot be booked on the day of the event.
- Ticketek: Order your tickets by clicking here or calling 132 849. Please note: These can only be mailed out to customers or collected from Ticketek agencies.
Patrons who have pre booked their parking must allow plenty of time to get to the Sydney Olympic Park Precinct, park their car and get to their seat for the match.
It is strongly advised that you take advantage of return train and bus travel (included in your tickets) to the game, but if you decide to drive, the below routes are advised and can help minimise traffic issues:
- From the NORTH: Through Top Ryde, take Victoria Rd and then Silverwater Rd and Holker Street to Sydney Olympic Park;
- From the SOUTH: Turn onto Parramatta Road then Hill Road to Sydney Olympic Park;
- From the EAST: Take Parramatta Road then Birnie Avenue or Hill Road. If you are driving along Victoria Road, consider taking Silverwater Road then Holker Street.
- From the WEST: Turn onto Silverwater Road then Holker Street or turn onto Hill Road, and then to Sydney Olympic Park.
Changed traffic conditions for the WestConnex project may also affect how you travel. For the latest updates visit WestConnex News.
Sydney Olympic Park Authority may close some local roads to accommodate increased public transport services and ensure pedestrian safety during events. For specific road closure details, visit Sydney Olympic Park Authority.
REPORT ANTI SOCIAL BEHAVIOUR
A patron text message service will operate for all events. If you experience any issues during an event, SMS 0419 403 360 with your issue and location.